8 Ways to Get the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates Possible
- Don’t assume any one company is the cheapest.
- Don’t ignore local and regional insurers.
- Ask about discounts.
- Pay your bills on time.
- Check insurance costs when buying a car.
- Skip comprehensive and collision coverage for an older car.
- Raise your deductible.
- Consider usage-based or pay-per-mile insurance.
How can I make my car insurance cheaper?
Nine ways to lower your auto insurance costs
- Shop around.
- Before you buy a car, compare insurance costs.
- Ask for higher deductibles.
- Reduce coverage on older cars.
- Buy your homeowners and auto coverage from the same insurer.
- Maintain a good credit record.
- Take advantage of low mileage discounts.
- Ask about group insurance.
Why is my insurance so expensive?
Insurance companies don’t like drivers with tickets. Good drivers are rewarded by paying less for car insurance because they’re less likely to file a claim. You typically pay higher car insurance premiums because people with bad driving records tend to file more claims.
Who really has the cheapest car insurance?
Cheapest Car Insurance Companies
- USAA is the cheapest car insurance company on our list, with the lowest average national rates of $2,537.
- Geico is the second-cheapest auto insurance company, with average annual rates of $3,215.
- State Farm is the third-cheapest car insurance company, with national average rates of $3,260.
Why has my insurance gone up?
While some price increases may be caused by factors within your control, others are caused by issues that are affecting car insurance customers across the country. We’ve got the scoop on some common reasons for price increases and some things you can do to help lower the cost of your car insurance.
Photo in the article by “Authority Dental”